How Chevrolet Can Help When Monsters Attack
Imagined OnStar calls and Halloween safety tips for a fun and safe holiday
DETROIT – If your car gets swarmed by zombies, would you know what to do? While that question may seem far-fetched, car safety is an integral part of ensuring every little vampire and mummy gets home safely after trick-or-treating.
Chevrolet and OnStar are sharing Halloween safety tips and three “Hey, they could happen!” OnStar calls for encounters with monsters and other creepy characters.
OnStar created the just-for-fun recordings of how advisors could assist drivers in unreal situations. These incidents might be imagined, but they point out just how seriously OnStar and Chevrolet take their commitment to helping ensure a fun and safe Halloween.
Listen to how a Malibu can protect you if a Zombie apocalypse breaks out.
In this one, OnStar answers the question: For what would Edgar Allan Poe use a Silverado?
Finally, OnStar advice for how to stop a Werewolf from following you.
In a serious effort to keep kids safe, here are some driving safety from Safe Kids tips for Halloween:
· Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
· Take extra time to look for kids at intersections, on medians and on curbs.
· Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
· Eliminate any distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
· Drive slowly, anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic and turn your headlights on earlier in the day to spot children from greater distances.
· Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. so be especially alert for kids during those hours.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.9 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
OnStar, LLC (OnStar) is a wholly owned subsidiary of GM Holdings LLC (“GM”). Along with its affiliate Shanghai OnStar Telematics Co. Ltd (a joint venture involving OnStar, Shanghai General Motors Co., Ltd (SGM) and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC)), OnStar serves more than seven million subscribers in North America and China. OnStar is a provider of connected safety, security and mobility solutions and advanced information technology. OnStar's key services include automatic crash response, stolen vehicle assistance, remote door unlock, turn-by-turn navigation, vehicle diagnostics and hands-free calling.
Bruton Motor Sports News