New Z/28 parts, LT1/LTG crate engines, manual-trans install kits, stage kits featured
LAS VEGAS – The all-new 2015 Chevrolet Performance catalog is the go-to resource for enthusiasts seeking to take their Chevy to higher levels of performance, with parts designed, engineered and tested by Chevrolet.
A broader range of Gen 5 Camaro performance parts based on the Z/28 and an LT1 crate engine package based on the 2015 Corvette Stingray highlight the new 400-page catalog, available from Chevrolet dealers and downloadable at www.chevrolet.com/performance.
Additional new parts in the 2015 catalog include:
· LTG 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder crate engine
· DR525 sealed drag racing crate engine
· COPO 350 supercharged racing crate engine
· LS9 CNC-ported cylinder head assembly
· T56 Super Magnum six-speed manual clutch and installation kits for small-block, big-block, LS and LT1 applications
· Installation kit to adapt the new LT1 crate engine with the 4L70-E four-speed automatic transmission in retro-fit applications
· Manual-transmission options for the Connect and Cruise crate powertrain systems
· Appearance, performance and convenience accessories for new Chevrolet vehicles – including all-new lineup of lifestyle accessories for Colorado
· Cruze stage kit and heavy-duty clutch kit
· Sonic stage kit and heavy-duty clutch kit.
Gen 5 Camaro
The new Camaro Z/28 parts are based on the factory-engineered components of the production model and are designed to make SS models more capable on the street and track. The roster – with part numbers – includes:
· Z/28 suspension kit with DSSV® Dampers (#23464729) – a comprehensive suspension package that includes racing-derived spool-valve dampers, higher-rate coil springs, smaller-diameter solid stabilizer bars and higher-rate suspension bushings
· Z/28 differential cooler (#23216684) – incorporates an integral heat exchanger, which eliminates the need for an external pump and related hardware
· Z/28 aero components kit (#23489551) – includes a front splitter, Gurney lip moldings and a rear spoiler
· Z/28 rear spoiler wicker bill (#23200130) – enhances downforce capability when added to the rear spoiler that’s part of the Z/28 aero components kit
· Z/28 brake ducts (#23252398) – they channel cool, outside air to the front brakes
· Z/28 air intake (#23454578) – features a conical air filter sealed to the bottom of the hood
· Z/28 exhaust manifold kit (#19302762) – enables greater airflow than standard SS manifolds and connects to the Z/28 cat-back exhaust system
· Z/28 cat-back exhaust system (#22906768) – offers 26-percent reduced backpressure compared to the SS exhaust and a muscular sound
· Z/28 RECARO sport seats (#23478424 – driver) – aggressive bolsters and cutouts inspired by racing seats with provisions for a five-point harness.
Additionally, Chevrolet Performance’s comprehensive collection of factory-engineered performance parts and accessories for fifth-generation Camaros includes components from the high-performance Camaro ZL1 and the road racing-oriented Camaro SS 1LE package. There’s also a dedicated section for the COPO Camaro program and the parts racers can use to build their owner drag-racing Camaro.
LT1 crate engine, controller and accessory drive
Introduced on the seventh-generation Corvette Stingray, the 6.2L Gen V LT1 V-8 opened the next chapter in the long, historic legacy of the Small Block engine. It is architecturally similar to the LS family of Small Block engines, but with a unique block casting, cylinder head design, oiling system and more. It also combines advanced technologies including direct injection and continuously variable valve timing to support an advanced combustion system. The result is more power with greater efficiency than any previous small block engine.
Chevrolet Performance’s new LT1 crate engine – offered with a wet-sump (#19328728) or dry-sump (#19329997) oiling system – is rated at 460 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque. It is available now with a suggested retail price of $11,000 for the wet sump version and $11,250 for the dry-sump version.
A controller and wire harness specially designed for retro-fit applications of the LT1 crate engine (#19303137) retains the operation of variable valve timing and direct injection; and Chevrolet Performance offers a front-end accessory drive kit for the engine that includes the alternator, air conditioning compressor, brackets, idler pulley and serpentine belt (#19329990).
There are also all-new transmission installation kits specially designed to match the new LT1 and its 8-bolt crankshaft flange with Chevrolet Performance’s 4L60-series four-speed automatic transmissions and the T-56 Super Magnum six-speed manual.
LTG 2.0L turbocharged
For hot rodders daring to be different, Chevrolet Performance’s new LTG 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder (#12635514) crate engine for rear-wheel-drive applications is the solution. The technologically advanced compact powerhouse is rated at 272 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque – with 90 percent of peak torque delivered between 1,700 and 5,500 rpm. In fact, thanks to the turbocharger generating up to 20 pounds of boost, peak torque is sustained between 3,000 and 4,600 rpm.
The all-aluminum construction reduces weight, compared to a V-8 with an iron block and heads, which enhances the vehicle’s front-to-rear weight balance.
The LTG crate engine will be available in January 2015, with an MSRP of $9,000. Supporting components from Chevrolet Performance for the engine include:
- LTG engine controller (#19328839)
- LTG front-end accessory drive (#19329020)
- Six-speed manual transmission (#19328976)
- Clutch kit (#24251131).
DR525 and COPO 350 SC crate engines
Chevrolet Performance’s all-new DR525 sealed drag racing crate engine is designed as the spec engine for NMCA’s new LS Stock racing class in the LSX Showdown Challenge Series. The 6.2L (376 cubic inches) naturally aspirated engine is rated at 525 horsepower and features several tamper-proof bolts to ensure class compliance. And while it is the spec engine for the LS Stock class, it is legal in other NMCA/LSX Showdown Challenge classes – and other drag racing series.
It is offered with two part numbers: 19329009 (includes Chevrolet Performance’s muscle car oil pan) or 19329008 (includes fourth-generation F-body oil pan). Chevrolet Performance’s custom-calibrated E67-type engine control system – part number 19329003 (sold separately) – must be used with the DR525 in the LS Stock class. It features a tamper-proof engine control unit.
The all-new COPO 350 Supercharged racing crate engine (#19304010) is the same engine offered in the 2014 and ’15 COPO Camaro race cars. It features the high-performance LSX engine block, forged internals that stand up to the cylinder pressures generated by forced induction, LSX cylinder heads with six-bolt clamping strength and a 2.9L Whipple screw-type supercharger.
Transmission installation kits
Chevrolet Performance engineers have developed all-new installation kits that allow the T-56 Super Magnum six-speed manual transmission (#19329795) to be used with small block, big block and LS engines – and even the all-new LT1 engine from the Corvette Stingray. They’re retro-fit applications in older vehicles.
The kits are included with new manual-transmission versions of the Connect and Cruise crate powertrain systems, which include the crate engine, transmission, controllers and wiring harnesses in a single, convenient and factory-engineered package.
Also new is an installation package to match the new LT1 crate engine with the 4L70-E four-speed automatic transmission for retro-fit applications. It includes a custom bell housing, eight-bolt flexplate and other installation hardware.
“We continue to expand our offerings with parts designed, engineered and tested by Chevrolet for customers to enhance the performance of their project vehicle,” said Jim Campbell, U.S. vice president, performance vehicles and motorsports.
Join the social conversation at #CHEVYSEMA.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.9 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
# # #
Bruton Motor Sports News