Nothing beats a cold cocktail at the campground after a long day spent out exploring. But instead of simply grabbing a beer out of the cooler this camping season, try some of these unique and delicious summer drink recipes.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 strips orange zest
- 3/4 cup white tequila
- 2 cups watermelon (cubed and seeded)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 2 cups crushed ice
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water and orange zest to a boil, then let it simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove this “simple syrup” from the stove and let it cool.
- Puree the watermelon chunks in a blender.
- Mix the watermelon puree and syrup mixture together with the tequila and lime juice in a large pitcher.
- Fill four margarita glasses with crushed ice, then pour the margaritas over top. Garnish each glass with a lime wedge and enjoy.
The Perfect Mojito
What You’ll Need:
- 4 1.5-ounce bottles of lemon-flavored rum
- 2 cups ice cubs
- 1 cup carbonated water
- 12 mint leaves
- 8 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 limes (cut into wedges)
- Place three mint leaves and 2 teaspoons of sugar into four cocktail glasses.
- Stir the mint and sugar together vigorously until the mint is crushed.
- Place three lime wedges in each glass and stir the entire combination vigorously again.
- Pour one 1.5-ounce bottle of rum into each cocktail glass.
- Fill each glass with ice, then pour 1/4 cup of carbonated water in each glass.
- Stir the entire cocktail vigorously, garnish with one more lime wedge and serve.
Get Your Summer RV at CCRV
Are you in the market for a top-quality new or used RV for your summer adventures? Cruise down to CCRV — your local Corpus Christi RV dealer — to browse our huge selection of new and used motorhomes, travel trailer and fifth wheels from the best RV manufacturers in the industry. And if you’re already in the RV of your dreams, don’t forget about us for all of your service and parts needs too.