At CCRV, we know that cooking space may be limited in your RV, but time is also limited. You don’t went to spend a whole day of your RV vacation cooking in your RV’s kitchen when you could be out exploring the outdoors with your family. This very simple pork with peach and black bean salsa recipe is a hearty and low-fat meal for your healthy travel lifestyle.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound pork tenderloin (cubed)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can sliced peaches (drained)
- 1/2 can black beans — drain the liquid and keep 2 tablespoons on the side
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on your pork cubes to season them to taste.
- Place the salt and peppered meat in a large plastic bag with 1/4 cup cornmeal and seal the bag.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, then place the cornmeal-coated meat in the skillet.
- Saute the meat until it is browned (roughly 10-15 minutes).
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the beer, peaches, beans, 2 tablespoons of the bean liquid and salsa to the skillet.
- Stir all of the ingredients until they are thoroughly mixed and let the combination simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro just before serving and enjoy.
Serve this tasty recipe with a side of rice and a small green salad to make it a complete, healthy RV meal. And if you’re using what you’ve already got in your RV fridge, pork chops work great instead of tenderloin, and cubed chicken makes a great substituted too.
CCRV in Corpus Christi
Here at CCRV, we want to be more than your south Texas RV dealer. We want to be your go-to place for all of your RV sales, parts, service and accessories needs. We've got all of the cooking and camping supplies as well as the upgrades you need to make your recreational vehicle suitable for all of your family’s adventures.