Cooking inside your small RV kitchen with limited space can seem overwhelming, but there are plenty of simple, RV-friendly dishes that can keep you out of fast food restaurants. These easy chicken recipes can be made right inside your RV kitchen, on your outdoor grill or even over the open fire.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 pounds grilled chicken
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 1 package Fajita seasoning mix
- 12 small tortillas
- aluminum foil
- Thoroughly cook the 3 pounds of chicken on the stove, grill or campfire, then slice the chicken into small Fajita-style strips.
- Make 10-12 small pouches out of the aluminum foil.
- Divide all of the peppers, onions and chicken evenly into the foil pouches.
- Follow the instructions on the package to mix the Fajita seasoning in a separate bowl, then pour the seasoning evenly into each pouch.
- Seal the pouches, so they won’t drip, and place them on the grill or over warm coals until the ingredients are hot.
- Open the pouches and serve each one with a tortilla.
Hunter’s Chicken Dumplings
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups chicken (cooked and diced)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 large cans chicken broth
- In a large pot, bring the broth, salt, pepper, butter and chicken soup to a boil.
- Slice the tortillas into small strips, then mix them into the boiling broth and let them cook for roughly 15 minutes.
- Stir the chicken pieces into the broth and let the soup cook for 15 more minutes, then serve.
Get Your Camping Supplies at CCRV
Looking to upgrade your RV for the fall camping season? There’s no better place to shop than right here at your local south Texas RV dealer — CCRV. And if you’re already in the RV of your dreams, don’t forget about us for all of your fall RV and camping supplies.