One of the best parts of the RV lifestyle is spending time outdoors at the campsite. You can spend even more time outside of your RV in 2015 by cooking meals over your campfire. Not only does cooking over an open fire make meals more delicious, it keeps messes away from the interior of your RV.
These campfire grilling recipes taste so delicious, they may inspire you to start cooking every meal over the open flame.
Over the Fire Scalloped Potatoes
What you’ll need:
- 8 large baking potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch green onions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup butter
- black pepper to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- Preheat your campfire grill for 10 minutes.
- Set out eight pieces of aluminum foil and spray them with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, soup, cheese and onions.
- Season the mixture with pepper and garlic salt to your liking.
- Divide the potato mixture evenly between the foil squares and dot with butter.
- Fold the foil squares into packets and seal tightly.
- Cook the packets on the grill until the potatoes are tender (12 to 20 minutes).
Grilled Sausage with Vegetables
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound smoked sausage (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 pound red potatoes (quartered)
- 3/4 pounds fresh green beans (halved)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat your campfire grill over the campfire for about 10 minutes.
- Place the sausage, potatoes, green beans and onions on a large sheet of foil.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper, then top with butter.
- Seal the foil into a packet, leaving one small opening.
- Pour the water into the opening, then seal the packet tightly.
- Place your packet on the grill and allow it to cook until the sausage is browned and the vegetables are tender (20 to 30 minutes).
If you’re in need of some new camping supplies this spring, don’t forget to shop with us at CCRV in South Texas. We’re your one-stop shop for new or used RV sales, service, parts, accessories and so much more.