May is National Barbecue Month, and that means it’s time fire up your RV for those long spring evenings of campfires and grilling. Test out this easy, melt-in-your-mouth barbecue ribs recipe this spring, and you’re guaranteed to wow your guests.
Barbecue Baby Back Pork Ribs
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Place all ingredients for ribs (except ribs) in a large bowl, stir thoroughly and set aside.
- Set four pieces of foil (24-inches by 12-inches each) aside.
- Remove thin membrane from bottom side of ribs.
- Cut one rack in half and place two pieces next to each other on a foil sheet. Do the same with second rack.
- Use spice rub to coat ribs on both sides. Wrap the foil around the racks to create two packets. Place the packets next to each other on a baking sheet and cover whole sheet with remaining foil pieces.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake ribs for two hours.
- While ribs are cooking, place all of the sauce ingredients in a large saucepan. Heat to medium heat, whisking occasionally. Reduce heat to low and continue whisking. Continue for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat a gas grill to medium.
- Remove ribs from foil and place on the grill (meat side up). Brush them with the sauce, cover the grill and cook for five minutes.
- Flip ribs and brush them every five minutes until you reach 20 minutes.
- Remove ribs from grill and serve with the remaining sauce on the side.
Don’t forget that you can find all of your RV grilling supplies and tons of other RV accessories in our CCRV Online Parts Catalog.