A vehicle’s engine generates enough heat to destroy itself, and it is up to the cooling system to keep the engine within a safe operating temperature range. Preventive maintenance, including fluid maintenance, is essential to extending radiator and engine life and keeping them in top working order.
The new line of premium AMSOIL Antifreeze/Coolants provides outstanding protection for cooling systems. It includes a new formulation for Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant (ANT) and two new ethylene glycol-based coolants: Passenger Car/Light Truck Antifreeze & Coolant (ANTPC) and Heavy-Duty Antifreeze & Coolant (ANTHD). The two ethylene glycol coolants are pre-mixed with 50 percent water. The propylene glycol coolant is a concentrate and not diluted with water. All three products provide pricing and drain interval recommendations that are better aligned with the current market.
AMSOIL Antifreeze/Coolants provide superior heat transfer and excellent protection against corrosion, freezing and boil-over. They are compatible with all other antifreeze and coolant colors and all plastics and elastomers (hoses, gaskets, etc.) found in cooling systems. AMSOIL Antifreeze/Coolants provide maximum antifreeze and cooling protection in extreme temperatures and operating conditions, and they provide superior protection for aluminum, steel, cast iron, copper, brass and solder alloys.
Passenger Car/Light Truck Antifreeze & Coolant and Heavy-Duty Antifreeze & Coolant will be available May 11. The Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant product code remains the same, and the current formulation is available while supplies last. Its new, reduced pricing is effective immediately. The new formulation will be available once the current formulation is sold out.
Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant (ANT)
· Combines the benefits of biodegradability, low toxicity and all-climate protection.
· Protection up to 150,000 miles or 5 years, whichever comes first, in passenger cars and light trucks.
· Protection up to 600,000 miles, 12,000 hours of operation or 6 years, whichever comes first, in heavy-duty applications.
· Fully formulated: DOES NOT require the use of supplemental antifreeze/coolant additives (SCAs) or extenders.
· Phosphate-, nitrate-, nitrite-, silicate-, borate- and amine-free.
· Boil-over protection up to 267°F (at 50% concentration) with a 15 psi radiator cap.
· Freeze protection down to -29°F (at 50% concentration).
· 100 percent concentrate. Must be mixed with water.
· Available in both the U.S. and Canada.
Heavy-Duty Antifreeze & Coolant (ANTHD)
· Protection up to 600,000 miles, 12,000 hours or 6 years, whichever comes first.
· Fully formulated: DOES NOT require the use of supplemental coolant additives (SCAs) or extenders.
· All-organic formulation is further enhanced with anti-scalant, anti-fouling and water-pump lubrication additives.
· Phosphate-, nitrate-, nitrite-, silicate-, borate and amine-free.
· Boil-over protection up to 265°F with a 15 psi radiator cap.
· Freeze protection down to -34°F.
· Pre-mixed 50/50 with high-purity water.
· Not available in Canada due to hazardous-material constraints.