Barbecue Baby Back Pork Ribs
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Place all ingredients for ribs (except ribs) in a large bowl, stir thoroughly and set aside.
- Set four pieces of foil (24-inches by 12-inches each) aside.
- Remove thin membrane from bottom side of ribs.
- Cut one rack in half and place two pieces next to each other on a foil sheet. Do the same with second rack.
- Use spice rub to coat ribs on both sides. Wrap the foil around the racks to create two packets. Place the packets next to each other on a baking sheet and cover whole sheet with remaining foil pieces.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake ribs for two hours.
- While ribs are cooking, place all of the sauce ingredients in a large saucepan. Heat to medium heat, whisking occasionally. Reduce heat to low and continue whisking. Continue for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat a gas grill to medium.
- Remove ribs from foil and place on the grill (meat side up). Brush them with the sauce, cover the grill and cook for five minutes.
- Flip ribs and brush them every five minutes until you reach 20 minutes.
- Remove ribs from grill and serve with the remaining sauce on the side.
8B Ranch Cuisine