Sesame Shrimp Stir-Fry
This tasty summer recipe takes just 15 minutes to prep and 40 minutes to cook, so you won’t have to sacrifice your summer outdoors time for a delicious home-cooked meal.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced into thin strips)
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bring salted water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Pour in the rice and reduce the heat, allowing your rice to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place the shrimp, cayenne pepper, ginger, garlic, black pepper and sesame seeds in a large, plastic food storage bag. Shake the bag and let the shrimp marinate in your RV’s refrigerator.
- Place a large skillet on the stove and heat the sesame oil over medium heat.
- Stir in the red bell pepper and onions and saute the mixture for three to four minutes. Stir in the teriyaki sauce when the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add the peas to the mixture and stir in the marinate shrimp along with its seasonings.
- Cook all of the ingredients for four minutes or until the shrimp are fully cooked.
- Stir the cornstarch into the broth and add the mixture to the skillet. Cook until the mixture boils, add salt and spoon over white rice to serve.
8B Ranch Cuisine