One Bowl Chocolate Cake Recipe
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Your favorite chocolate frosting
- Preheat your RV oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Stir the sugar, flour, baking powder, cocoa, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the milk, eggs, oil and vanilla and mix for roughly 2 minutes with a mixer on medium speed.
- Stir the boiling water into the mixture last. The batter should be thin.
- Bake the cake for roughly 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven. Insert a toothpick into the cake. The cake is finished cooking when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake pans for 10 minutes, then remove the cakes and place them on a wire rack to cool fully.
- Once cool, frost one cake with your favorite chocolate frosting, then place the other cake on top and frost them both.
- Allow the frosting to harden slightly, then slice and enjoy.